Comment on page
US AV product suite
Lob's Address Verification API is able to correct and identify over 156 million US domestic addresses (and more globally) to determine whether or not these physical addresses are deliverable. This is because Lob is CASS (Coding Accuracy Support System) Certified, meaning the API has been thoroughly tested by the USPS to ensure that it can accurately correct and validate street addresses. When our API confirms that a physical address is deliverable, you can be much more confident that your mail will be delivered.
Our US Address Verification API supports the following states and territories:
- All 50 states
- Washington, D.C. (District of Columbia)
- Armed Forces (Africa - AE, Americas - AA, Canada - AE, Europe - AE, Middle East - AE and Pacific - AP)
- American Samoa
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- The U.S. Virgin Islands
Lob's Zip Lookup tool can verify US zip codes without having to provide a full address. If the inputted zip code is real, Lob can return information about the zip code including a list of cities, states, and other associated information. If it's not a real zip code, Lob will return an "
invalid zip code" error message. See our API reference for more details.
Lob Address Verification Elements verifies an address by intercepting the original form submission and pre-validating the address fields with Lob. Thus our APIs can be leveraged in customers' address entry workflows without any major rewrite required--just a few additional attributes to add to any existing markup, and it'll be running with a few minutes of work.
The Lob Confidence Score is an object returned from the US verification endpoint that provides a value between 0-100 of the likelihood of the address being deliverable. Lob leverages its extensive insights, having sent mail to more than 1 in 2 US households, to generate a confidence score and provide more comprehensive address deliverability data.
- 70-100% - This address has received one or more successful deliveries
- 40-68% - This address has both mail returned to sender and successful deliveries
- 0-39% - This address has more mail returned to sender than successful deliveries
- None ("") - Lob does not have data on this address
Note that high scores do not guarantee deliverability. These are estimates based on Lob’s extensive mail tracking data.