Getting started with Lob
Sending mail in an accurate, reliable, and programmatic way involves the following:
Improve your rate of deliverability of your address data with our Address Verification capabilities.
Next, use our APIs to build automated workflows & business logic around these three direct mail-related tasks:
- Design: generate clear and concise instructions around what you're sending
- Data in: pass data that spells out how you want to send mail
- Data out: pass data that exports mail tracking information & spells out what to do with it
Based on your API call submission, a printer from a strategically distributed network of printers managed by Lob will fulfill your orders.
Once production is fulfilled, your mail is on its way to be delivered to its final destination. Lob uses USPS for delivery in the US. Tracking information is sent to Lob by USPS. Lob then surfaces the information to you, but has no direct control over your mail once USPS has taken possession.
Craft the best path forward
Depending on where you are in your direct mail path, find the resources you need to craft your best path forward:
- Building: Create a new direct mail program from the ground-up with no long-term commitment and scale your mail production as your needs grow. Read our API docs and get started on our platform.
- Improving: Talk to sales about up-leveling your existing your direct mail workflows with programmatic sends, streamlined production, and access to quality mail tracking data.
No time to waste or limited in resources? Make faster progress by using the following.
SDKs & tools:
- Go to GitHub to access our supported libraries
- Use our Postman collection to save dev time and API testing
- Existing users of Salesforce can take advantage of our powerful app on AppExchange
- Leverage various low-code solutions to connect siloed databases and processes
- Add a direct mail touch to your existing tech stack and level up your omnichannel campaign orchestration or workflow automation